Designed to improve upon the best-selling Abu 706 closed-face reel launched in 2010, the guys at ABU honestly believe that this reel is now the best stick float reel on the market.
If you want to put a stick float down a flowing-water
swim with ease, and be in instant contact with the fish on the strike,
then you really should look at the 506 MkII Closed Face Reel.
Attach the reel to a light match rod and sit on a smoothly flowing river swim. Press the positive and improved push-button release on the front of the reel and swing the float gently in. As it travels along in the current the line peels off the spool smoothly, then the orange float tip buries, your finger traps the line against the housing and, with a turn of the handle, you're in contact with the fish!
If you've never fished with a closed-face reel, or you thought their days were gone, think again. Supplied with a padded reel case and three spare spools, this reel raises the bar.
- Advanced Polymeric body with aluminium front cone.
- On/Off instant anti-reverse switch.
- Supplied with 3 x shallow spools and 1 x deep spool in total.
- Deluxe zipped reel case.
- Ultra smooth synchro drag.
- New handle assembly.
- Improved chenille quality.
- Improved gear components.
- Improved gear lock design.
- Improved push button/pin release mechanism.
- New ceramic coated line pin.
- Line capacity: 200m of 0.22mm (5lb).
- Gear ratio: 3.9:1.
- Line recovery: 65cms per handle turn.
- Weight: 305gms.
Abu 506 MKII closed face reel
- Brand: ABU
- Product Code: Abu 506 MKII closed face reel
- Availability: In Stock